National Sales Manager
What You’ll Do
It is an exciting time to join Joyfull Bakery. We have the highest dollar velocity parmesan cheese crisp on the market. Our velocities are 3-4x category averages and deliver a strong category building opportunity for retailers. We are searching for a National Sales Manager to drive broker performance, call on and engage with retailers, and work with our Chief Growth Officer to grow the sales of the company. This position is responsible for driving profitable sales growth across national and regional retail accounts, including natural and grocery. The role is also responsible for broker management, trade analysis, and overall sales execution. This position is ideally suited for the candidate who thrives in a small team environment that is fast-paced and dynamic.
The ideal candidate has a high degree of initiative, acts with a sense of urgency, has a competitive spirit and a positive attitude, and is a collaborative team player. Experience in grocery and natural is a must. Experience in the deli or bakery category is a plus. You will report directly to and work closely with our Chief Growth Officer.
Joyfull Bakery is owned by Ridgeline Ventures, an investment firm in Boulder, Colorado comprised of former business operators. Ridgeline is excited to find the right person for this position as the company continues to grow.
The National Sales Manager position will be critical in accelerating growth of Joyfull Bakery with retail customers across multiple channels as it expands its presence in the deli set across Grocery and Natural as well as in Food Service. The ideal candidate should have extensive expertise in grocery sales with a proven track record of helping emerging brands grow distribution and velocities. Candidates should have a proven track record of managing key retailer relationships and managing brokers across multiple regions.
Build and manage relationships across selling channels and with key retailers and distributors
• Develop and maintain relationships with key accounts
• Develop and deliver on key distribution and promotional objectives for the company through detailed customer plans
• Represent the Company at National and Regional trade shows / events to promote product sales
• Review retailer performance via scan data, identify voids, and opportunities for growth
• Effectively build relationships with brokers
• Ensure broker teams are properly trained and supported
• Manage by objectives with 30-60-90 day plans
• Drive overall performance of brokers and execution of in-store display and merchandising
• Leverage data analytics to build distribution, category management, pricing, promotional and shelving strategies
• Partner with operations on demand planning and optimizing customer fulfillment
• Proactively manage trade spend and customer profitability
• 5-7 years of CPG sales experience in the Grocery Channel or Natural Channel with a proven ability to plan, prioritize on execute on sales plans
• Experience managing key accounts and building distributor and retailer relationships
• Strong broker management experience is essential
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong analytical skills
• Positive attitude and a can-do mindset
• Team-player and collaborative
• Willing to take responsibility and act with a sense of urgency and initiative
• Experience in the Deli and Bakery categories is a major plus, but not required
How to Apply
If you’re excited to talk with us about one of our job opportunities, please email a resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com.
Please make the subject line of your email as follows: “National Sales Manager - Your Name”.