What You’ll Do
You will lead all daily operations of the plant, managing a motivated and disciplined team that maximizes efficiency, quality, safety and distribution. You will oversee all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring all policies and procedures are effectively and safely followed. You will manage, develop and improve processes that will maximize overall plant efficiency, safety, quality and productivity. You will set objectives and schedules, manage to KPI’s, and drive continuous improvement and optimization of all processes.
You will provide direction, evaluation, motivation, training, and support to the plant management, administrative and production teams. You will be a mature and thoughtful coach and mentor to the team and a committed steward of the values and culture of the company.
• Work with Executive team to develop and execute the strategic plan and capital planning for the company, while also maximizing growth and profitability of the business
• Plan, organize, direct and manage day-to-day operations
• Be a hands-on leader of the production, warehousing and distribution, QA, sourcing/ procurement, and facility maintenance teams
• Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
• Increase production output, capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining quality standards
• Drive continuous improvement across all plant activities and operations
• Maintain, improve and monitor planned maintenance programs
• Enforce plant safety procedures
• Provide a clear sense of objectives, direction and focus to all departments
• Foster a trusting and collaborative relationship and culture with the entire workforce
• Recruit, manage and develop plant staff
• Collect and analyze data to improve productivity and safety and reduce inefficiencies and waste
• Manage all supplier relationships
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering
• 5-10 years of large-scale (50-500 employees) food manufacturing plant manager experience, within California. Baked goods preferable.
• Strong knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
• Strong knowledge of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, and inventory processes
• Demonstrated experience instituting process improvements and reducing COGS while maintaining high product quality
• Experience with, and knowledge of facility and maintenance programs
• Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong team building skills and ability to lead and motivate others
• Team-player mindset and willingness to mentor, coach and collaborate
• Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
• Willing to take responsibility and act independently when necessary
• Computer and systems literacy
• Project Management experience
• Bi-lingual (English & Spanish) a plus
How to Apply
If you’re excited to talk with us about one of our job opportunities, please email a resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com.
Please make the subject line of your email as follows: “Plant Manager - Your Name”.